Friday, April 12, 2013
Packet Pick-up 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. - click here for more info.
Pasta Dinner 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. click here for more info.
Youth Half Marathon 6:30 p.m. - click here for more info.
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Packet Pick-up 6 a.m. to 6:45 a.m. - click here for more info.
Half Marathon 7 a.m. - click here for more info.
5k Run/Walk 7:15 a.m. - click here for more info.
Kids' Fun Run 9 a.m. - click here for more info.
Did You Know . . .?
- There are over 37 million runners in the US - 11 million run at least 100 times per year.
- Runners spend $125 billion on health-related goods and services.
- Major corporations continue to tap into the growing popularity of running and marathons.
- The coveted runner demographic includes high trends in education, household income and purchasing.
- Favorite distances for female runners include 5K, 10K and HALF MARATHON.
- Favorite distances for male runners include 10k, HALF MARATHON and marathon.
- In two short years the Palmetto Half Marathon has reached national and international exposure via participation. In 2010 the inaugural race included 1,250 participants.
- 26 US States represented by participants
- 2 Countries represented by participants
Palmetto Half Marathon Event
The 2013 Palmetto Half Marathon Event will include:
- Friday, April 12, 2013
- Packet Pickup and Pasta Dinner
- Youth Half Marathon - Final Mile
- Saturday, April 13, 2013
- Half Marathon (13.1 miles)
- 5k Run/Walk (3.1 miles)
- Kids' Fun Run
Your support of these endeavors helps our community and puts your organization in front of thousands of current and potential customers.
- No refunds!
- Half Marathon participants can change to the 5k run/walk until April 11. No refunds will be given if you move from the half to the 5k.
- Half Marathon participants under the age of 18 must bring signed waiver on race day with parent or guardian's signature to be qualified to run.
- Race course will close at 11 a.m.
- Kids' Fun Run participants must be 10 and under day of race and Youth Half Marathon participants must be 14 and under.
- Runner friendly race! Head phones and strollers welcome (but no dogs)
- Rain or shine!
Timing is done by the Champion Chip Timing System.