Expo 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. - TBD
Youth Half Marathon 6:30 p.m. - click here for more info.
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Half Marathon 7 a.m. - click here for more info.
5k Run/Walk 7:15 a.m. - click here for more info.
Kids' Fun Run 9 a.m. - click here for more info.
The Palmetto Half Marathon has become a Columbiatraditionsince the inaugural race in 2010! The course starts in front of Academy Sports + Outdoors inside the Village at Sandhill and finishes at the Fountain in the center of the Village at Sandhill. The start time for the Half Marathon is 7 a.m., April 12, 2014.
The out and back course takes runners through parts of Northeast Columbia including The Woodland’s and Wildewood neighborhoods. Water stations are positioned approximately every 2 miles along the course. There will be bathroom facilities along the course as well as a First Aid tent that will be located near mile 4 and mile 9.
At the finish line participants will be awarded a finisher’s medal and will be able to enjoy food, drinks, music, awards & visit with the sponsors and the Health & Fitness vendors that will be there. After the race, participants and their families can enjoy visiting the local shops and restaurants at the Village at Sandhill.
There is a 4-hour time limit for this event. The half marathon race course closes at 11 a.m.
What do you get?
- Finisher's Medal
- Custom Designed Technical T-shirt
- Food and drink to refresh at the finish line
- Kids activities the day of the race
- Early packet pick up
- Champion Chip Timing System
- Discounts and promotions from area businesses in race packet
- Satisfaction of knowing you helped build a stronger community!
Half Marathon Course Map
Half Marathon Start Time
The start time for the Half Marathon is 7 a.m., April 12, 2014. The course closes at 11 a.m.
Wheelchairs are welcome. 6:55 a.m. start on Saturday, April 12, 2014. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. Please contact us if you are a wheelchair participant so we can be sure to prepare accordingly.
- No refunds!
- Half Marathon participants can change to the 5k run/walk until April 10. No refunds will be given if you move from the half to the 5k.
- Half Marathon participants under the age of 18 must bring signed waiver on race day with parent or guardian's signature to be qualified to run.
- Race course will close at 11 a.m.
- Runner friendly race! Head phones and strollers welcome (but no dogs)
- Rain or shine!